Blogs > Lighten Up with Mike Sabo

Mike Sabo, of Painesville, said overcoming past diet failures won't keep him down, and the 29-year-old says he knows the key - counting calories and keeping active.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Testing 1 2, is this thing on?

Well I have 3 whole days under my belt, working on the fourth.  So far things seem to be going well.  I have been monitoring my calorie intake very strictly; along with monitoring what I eat.  I’ve been making better choices, but also making sure not to cut myself off of the things I love.  For example, pizza…. I LOVE PIZZA… by far my hardest thing to give up. I’m not necessarily giving it up, just watching the amount I take in.  I’ve learned a few tricks over the years when it comes to trying to control portions.

 

1. Drink some water before eat.  You’ll get fuller faster, and 0 calories J.

2. East slower.  It takes the brain about 20 mins for it to start feeling full.  I usually can polish off a whole pizza by that time.

3. Substitute salad for that extra 2 pieces of pizza you want to consume.  You’d be surprised on how fast calories add up!

 

Stay tuned.

Mike Sabo

 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Cynthia Frary said...

Mike those are some great tips:)

February 3, 2012 at 6:23 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work!

February 5, 2012 at 4:26 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home