Blogs > Lighten Up with Mike Sabo

Mike Sabo, of Painesville, said overcoming past diet failures won't keep him down, and the 29-year-old says he knows the key - counting calories and keeping active.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Craving Fast Food?

So far things have been going well.  I’ve been monitoring my food intake still very strictly.  It has been paying off for sure.  I’m losing weight and starting to feel even a little lighter.  My energy level is starting to pick up, and my clothes are fitting a tiny bit different.  It’s an exciting change.

 

I wanted to also share something I did this week that maybe some of you can benefit from.  My wife called me on the phone a few nights ago and she said, “I want Arbys”.  I’m thinking, oh man, what am I going to do.  It’s 7:00PM and there isn’t any chicken thawed for dinner.  Do I give into the temptation, or do I try to find something else to eat???  So, I went to their website and saw that one roast beef sandwich was 350 calories.  At first I decided I wasn’t going to intake 700 calories from these two sandwiches, but then I got to thinking.  I wonder how many calories are in the bun alone?  The bun ended up being 210 calories of that 350.

 

I got my two sandwiches, took the roast beef off of the bun, and then threw it on some lite bread instead.  Lite bread runs anywhere between 70 – 90 calories for 2 slices.  Maybe that can be a healthier alternative for those looking to splurge every once in a while.

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home